Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why are children not allowed at the presales?
2. How can I be a consignor?
3. How do I volunteer to work the sale?
4. Define “junior clothing sizes.
5. What items are not accepted for the fall sale?
6. What items are not accepted for the spring sale?
7. Do all baby items need to be on hangers?
8. How do I hang sets?
9. How do I package shoes?
10. How do I package my bedding?
11. How do I package my books?
12. How do I package my puzzles?
13. Do I need batteries?
14. Why no straight pins?
15. Why no paper tags?
16. What does, DO NOT ALTER TAG mean?
17. Can I drop off items more than once?
18. Are there any limits on what I can bring?
19. Can a friend pick up my unsold items?
20. What happens to items at the end of the sale?
21. When will I receive my check?
1. Why are children not allowed at the presales? *back to the top
The presales are very busy sales. Because of the large crowds and the amount of items at our sales, we cannot allow children at the presales.
2. How do I become a consignor? *back to the top
Register on our website by clicking on the “Register/Login” button.
3. How do I volunteer to work the sale? *back to the top
You may sign up to volunteer when you login on our site.
4. Define junior clothing sizes. *back to the top
Junior clothing are trendy clothes worn by teenagers. Teens tend to wear certain name brands such as those listed on the “PREP” page. Please check that to make sure that your items are acceptable. We do not accept women’s clothing.
5. What items are not accepted at the fall sale? *back to the top
Bathing suits, sundresses, sun suits, spring dresses and any light weight summer type fabrics. We will accept nice dress shorts, such as navy or khaki and denim shorts.
6. What items are not accepted at the spring sale? *back to the top
Coats, sweaters, hats, gloves, mittens, scarves, sweat suits, or any heavy fabrics such as wool. We will accept lightweight long sleeve shirts, jeans, and dress pants.
7. Do all baby items need to be on hangers? *back to the top
All clothing must be hung on hangers, it sells better if the customer can see it.
8. How do I hang sets? *back to the top
Hang shirt on the hanger and the shorts, shirt, or pants, on the back. Do not hang one under the other.
9. How do I package shoes? *back to the top
Tie the shoes together with the shoelaces, or ribbon or string. Tag should be pinned to the buckle or shoelace.
10. How do I package my bedding? *back to the top
Bedding sets should be in the clear plastic bag that it came in if at all possible. If that bag is not available, another clear plastic bag may be used. Put all bedding items that belong together in the same bag and seal it with clear packing tape. Tape your consignor tag to the outside of the bag.
11. How do I package my books? *back to the top
If you have a set of books, they may be tied together. Do not place any books in plastic bags.
12. How do I package my puzzles? *back to the top
The best way is to use saran wrap and secure it with packaging tape. Puzzles need to have all pieces.
13. Do I need batteries? *back to the top
Yes. All items that need batteries must have batteries in them. The item has a better chance of selling if it has batteries in it.
14. Why no straight pins? *back to the top
Straight pins are not safe to use and will not keep the tag on the item securely.
15. Why no paper tags? *back to the top
Paper tags tear easily and tend to get separated from the item.
16. What does DO NOT ALTER TAG mean? *back to the top
We will not accept tags that have crossed out consignor numbers or changed prices. Your tags must be clearly marked.
17. Can I CHECK-IN more than once? *back to the top
Yes and No. All of your clothing items must be checked in at the same time. However you may bring larger items at a separate time as needed. No additional “CHECK-IN” time is needed.
18. Are limits to how much I can bring? *back to the top
You must consign at least 30 ITEMS to be a considered a consignor, with a limit of 150 clothing items. Be picky about what you bring. Maternity is limited to 10 pieces and shoes are limited to 5 pairs. There is no limit on other items.
19. Can a friend pick up my unsold items? *back to the top
Yes, a friend can pick up your unsold items, but he/she will need to sign for your items.
20. What happens to my items at the end of the sale? *back to the top
Unsold items that are not picked up become the property of mom2mom and will be donated to one of the local charities.
21. When will I receive my check? *back to the top
We try to get checks out as soon as possible. Checks will be mailed no later than two weeks after the end of the sale.